Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Naked Artist: Comic Book Legends (2007)

READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED! COARSE LANGUAGE FOLLOWING...



I've been reading Bryan Talbot's collection of apocryphal tales concerning comic book creators' misadventures off-and-on at work for a month or so, but really picked up my pace earlier this week. Besides promising to kick my copy to a friend, I'd also found the above passage from "Chapter Four: The Damned," and wanted to get it posted here. So last night I got the reply from Mike Netzer, which torpedoed anything else I had in mind to post about. Today, I get back to reading, and open right up to Chapter Six: The Good, The Bad, The Frequently Inebriated. This would be the chapter that devotes a couple pages to... Mike Netzer, including mention of supernatural coincidences/occurrences surrounding the artist. Might be something to that.

The art above is by Hunt Emerson of Grant Morrison, clearly and I feel appropriately re-purposed (not to mention sloppily colored.)

3 comments:

Michael Netzer said...

That is a great book as only Bryan Talbot can tell such stories. I've written a piece about all this at my site, which also holds a little surprise.

Diabolu Frank said...

The little surprise was the trouble I had getting through word verification. The other was WAY big...

Luke said...

Man, I saw this at Moonstone's site, and it sounded really cool. I'll have to track this down.