Monday, May 12, 2008

1986 DC Wall Calender Ad



I've been on the lookout for this item for a great many years now, first for Ambush Bug and now for J'Onn, but how many people do you know who'll sit on a poster-sized calender for 22 years? Per the text, "DC presents a one-of-a-kind collaboration between George Perez, Marshall Rogers, Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez, Keith Giffen, Paris Cullins and other DC superstars in a giant wall calender for 1986!

... Full process coloring and a giant 28" by 41" format... only $2.95..."

I expect I'll have to pay a bit more, if I ever get the chance. I'd guess the team-up between Manhunter, a pre-"Cosmic Odyssey" Green Lantern John Stewart, Hawkman and Wonder Woman was by JLDetroit artist Luke McDonnell. In fact, having blown up the piece below, I think I can make out his signature to the lower right. I assume Firestorm is the character obscured by the Cyborg overlap, and expect with the right coloring this would be quite the mood drenched image. One of these days...

No comments: