Friday, December 12, 2008

2004 DC Direct Martian Manhunter Mini-Bust



As you can see, I own and love this bust enough to take pictures from all angles for your viewing pleasure. DC Direct has never recovered from the loss of Bruckner, the Joe Rubinstein of their licensing...



Sculpted by Tim Bruckner



Lone survivor of a lost Martian civilization, J'Onn J'Onzz escaped the annihilation of his own people to land on Earth, where he dedicates his incredible array of super-powers to fighting evil as the Martian Manhunter. This DC Mini-Bust is a hand-painted, cold-cast porcelain bust measuring approximately 5 5/8" high x 3 1/2" wide x 2 3/4" deep and is packaged in a 4-color window box.

$45.00 U.S. - In stores February 18, 2004.


7 comments:

Bookgal said...

Love this. It kind looks like J'onn's about to throw a mighty round of rock-paper-scissors! :)

Diabolu Frank said...

Between the lipstick and his delicate testing of the material of his cape with his fingers, I get a Mr. Sinister vibe off this one. Still, I think it's great.

Bookgal said...

LOL I missed that but now that you say it....BRILLIANT! Ha!

Luke said...

He's got a Shakespeare thing going on, like he's about to break into a soliloquy.

Diabolu Frank said...

I hear Shakespearean actor Avery Brooks' voice when I read J'Onn, so it works for me. Philistines will say Lawrence Fishburne...

Luke said...

Ironically, I hear his voice from Justice League... and that has also become the voice in my head for the Vision when I am reading Avengers!

Diabolu Frank said...

Gah! Every now and again I hear Carl Lumbly's voice, and it irks me. Fine for Vision, I suppose, but too affected for J'Onn.