Friday, April 29, 2011

Chase Chase



Regular readers may have noticed that I've tended to treat Fridays as a dead dump day, often paired off with Saturdays in dropping pin-ups or other low effort prospects. This week is no exception. Chris Sims at Comic Alliance wrote a lengthy article advocating "Why Everyone Should (Legally) Download DC's 'Chase' Drawn by J.H. Williams III." Not only does it give great background on the series and the climate within which it was released, but it also covers characters like DEO Agent Cameron Chase, Director Bones and Dr. Trap I've neglected here. I frankly did not realize that Dr. Trap has had major appearances untouched by my character bio here, which I'll have to amend a.s.a.p. The article also has a string of strong scans. Hop over there and check it out! Then come back here tomorrow for another themed pin-up post to link all my character blogs for a day. I just checked my schedule, and without my realizing it, the whole thing is already set to go while I study. I love me from a week or two ago for looking out for our shared future...

4 comments:

LissBirds said...

Is that in 3D?

I remember you talking about this series some time ago, but I don't remember if J'onn ever shows up in it.

Diabolu Frank said...

That is indeed 3D.

J'Onn cameo'd in a couple or three issues of Chase, then was retroactively turned into a different character from the series, and was secretly the star of a Chase-related Secret Files and Origins. I've decided to make Chase a featured player here for the next few months, by the way...

LissBirds said...

Nice. I can't wait to see more coverage of her. But it sucks that they ret-conned him out...

Diabolu Frank said...

It sucks if you created the original character who was retroactively turned into a J'Onn J'Onzz alternate identity, but for the purposes of this site, I don't find that to be true.