Monday, September 26, 2011

Young Justice Miss Martian/Martian Manhunter 2-Pack Action Figure Set

Click To Enlarge


I have the best intentions when it comes to toy posts, but the truth is that they are an enormous pain that I routinely avoid. Shots of a figure in packaging, out of packaging, close-ups of body parts and accessories... all those reflective surfaces and angles... such a headache. Anyway, seeing as how it's unlikely I'll be buying any new figures soon, and I don't follow the Young Justice cartoon, maybe it's best I just direct some coverage to Action Figure Times.

It seems that beginning earlier this year, Mattel started putting out toys for the 'toon in two formats: six inch heavily articulated DC Universe Classics, and streamlined 4½" pieces more in line with the style of Justice League Unlimited. As far as I know, Miss Martian didn't make the cut for either line initially, marking her upcoming two-pack with uncle J'Onn J'Onzz the character's debut in action figure form (although I stand to be corrected as needed.) I'm not sure if this will be out in 2011, or where, but you can check out very high resolution pictures here

4 comments:

aota said...

Cool I was hoping for a 6 inch version but I can live with this. Nice to see they are including Jonn too. I liked the Young Justice redesign of Jonn the new outfit without the pickle head and skrull chin.

Diabolu Frank said...

I'd like it a lot better without the whiplash collar, but it's not a bad design. Oddly passive posture, though.

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

they look just like they do in that awesome cartoon but i wish they were more articulate.

aota said...

Looks like the DCnU might have a Miss Martian after all. After looking at the new Teen Titans book page 6 or 7 (I'm looking at the digital version) that looks like her on one of the screens.