Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2012 "Martian Manhunter and Beta Ray Bill ...The Lost Issue!"

Click For More!


I hadn't checked in with ...The Lost Issues! in a while; certainly not since it made it's way through a faux Brave and the Bold run to an ersatz Marvel Two-In-One, back again, and on to its most perfect incarnation, Super-Team Family. I figure that obscure 1970s title is the best umbrella for Ross' unauthorized pairings of comic book characters through the magic of MS Paint. The Aquaman Shrine recently returned there though, and taking a peek myself, found J'Onn J'Onzz was once again cast into the multiverse...

"I thought I would do a cover that featured two of my favorite alien heroes. This one also gave me a chance to do an all-Walt Simonson cover. Simonson's art is so effective on larger than life characters because he has the ability to convey energy that just leaps off of the page. His career has lasted decades and he seems to keep getting better and better. I got a kick out of his cameo during the banquet scene at the end of Thor. Walt fit right in with the Asgardian elite!"

6 comments:

mathematicscore said...

GOD. YES.

Seriously the cross company team-up I'd give eyeteeth to see.

Jay Boaz said...

Yeah, I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

as powerful as JJ is i think he would have to resort to using his telepathic abilities in order to defeat BRB. either way it would be a great fight.

Diabolu Frank said...

According to the cross-universe relativity scale, pretty much every Thor could take J'Onn, barring a telepathic whammy. On an absolute scale, DC tends to be overwhelming, so that's less clear.

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

ya know it's ironic Frank right after i saw this posting i check out the blog site link and became inspired to do a Bronze Tiger / Iron Fist. can't say when The Lost Issues guy may feature it but the Iron Fist blog guy and the Bronze Tiger blog guy are gonna have it up in the next day or two.
but what's really ironic is that just today The Lost Issues blog has a ROM Spaceknight / Starfire cross over which is way cool since aside from my Suicide Squad blog i also have one devoted to ROM. pretty cool how it all just came together in the last 24 hours.

Diabolu Frank said...

I caught that on the Bronze Tiger blog, and it looks sweet! Good job!