Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Martian Sightings for October, 2012


You know, I've never been able to pull the trigger on The Demon being associated with the Martian Manhunter rogues, despite that one fight with the Alien Atlas in his solo series. Now I hear that Etrigan is taking J'Onn's vacated spot and bridging Stormwatch to Demon Knights. Yeah, no, still, whoopee. Good thing that we still have reprints and M'gann M'orzz, though.

JLA: EARTH II TP NEW PRINTING
Written by GRANT MORRISON
Art and cover by FRANK QUITELY
On sale NOVEMBER 7 • 96 pg, FC, $14.99 US

• The powerful original graphic novel from the ALL-STAR SUPERMAN team of Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely is back in print!

• Ultraman, Owlman, Power Ring, and Johnny Quick rule their world without opposition. But their world is about to be threatened by the arrival of Superman, Batman and the Justice League!

• Realities clash in this mind-bending epic!
I sold my own copy years back, I think, so I expect it's time for a new one.

DC COMICS — THE NEW 52 ZERO OMNIBUS HC
Written by VARIOUS
Art by VARIOUS
Cover by JOE PRADO and IVAN REIS
On sale DECEMBER 12 • 1,328 pg, FC, $150.00 US

• In September, DC Entertainment reveals the origins, secrets and shocking fates of top Super Heroes in 56 special #0 issues starring Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern and more!

• Now, these issues are collected in a massive hardcover just in time for the holiday season, with stories written and illustrated by top talent including Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison, Jim Lee, Brian Azzarello, Scott Snyder and many more!


Miss Martian
YOUNG JUSTICE #21
Written by GREG WEISMAN
Art by CHRISTOPHER JONES
Cover by MIN SUNG KU
On sale OCTOBER 17 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED E

• Aliens have arrived on Earth-16!

• Superboy and five Justice Leaguers have been abducted!

• Metropolis is in danger!

• Enter: BRAINIAC!
Finally starting to record these, but I've had little luck finding season one broadcasts to get me started.

YOUNG JUSTICE VOL. 2: TRAINING DAY TP
Written by KEVIN HOPPS and GREG WEISMAN
Art by CHRISTOPHER JONES, LUCIANO VECCHIO and DAN DAVIS
Cover by CHRISTOPHER JONES
On sale NOVEMBER 14 • 160 pg, FC, $12.99 US

• Superboy, Robin, Kid Flash, Aqualad, Miss Martian and Artemis defend Gotham City from Ra’s al Ghul and Clayface!

• Features issues #7-13 of the all ages series.

5 comments:

will_in_chicago said...

Well, if Etrigan the Demon joins Stormwatch in the place of J'Onn J'Onzz, than perhaps Stormwatch will have the unofficial title of most morally ambiguous team in the DCnU. J'Onn served as the moral center of the team, a position that may perhaps be filled by Jenny Quantum.

I hope that we get some good news about J'Onn soon as his leaving Stormwatch seeems to be an editorial deceision.

Diabolu Frank said...

I'm beyond speculating on Stormwatch's future at this point, since I'm hopping off with #0. I fully expect J'Onn will turn up in the Trinity War somewhere, and just hope it's a place I want to go with him (and I get forewarned either way in solicitations.)

Omega Agent1 said...

I really don't see why the switch, but we'll see what's to come

will_in_chicago said...

I like several of the characters in Stormwatch, and it was J'Onn that drew me to the title. I just hope that he gets a title where he is more than just a bystander for someone else's adventures. (I think that Stormwatch often felt like the Apollo and Midnighter show.)

LissBirds said...

So J'onn will just be in limb for the time being, I guess? I lost track of Young Justice...I bet he's been showing up in cameos here and there.