Friday, November 30, 2012

2012 “The Triumvirate of Thallasus” by Randy Kintz

Click To Enlarge


I know Moon Maiden, who was a time lost stand-in for the Silver Age Wonder Woman and appeared in an 80-Page Giant. Our own Mathematicscore figured out who Regal is in a well-spotted search.
“The Triumvirate of Thallasus-Moon Maiden, Regal and Triumph...

Another piece of my alternate Trinity drawn by artist Randy Kintz.He does sales often so I sprung on the chance to get the trio drawn by him. I'm hoping to get many drawings of the trio in action soon.”
The new Justice League of America has an alright line-up that I don't expect to last a full year on the basis of their seemingly coming together to take part in the fractious "Trinity War." Personally though, I'd have gone a different way. Besides Triumph and Moon Maiden pictured above, I'd have a League with Elongated Man, Citizen Steel, Vibe, Crimson Fox, Amazing Man, and Tomorrow Woman. These are all the Leaguers who died in bad ways, stayed dead, and have no current parallels in the New 52. You would seriously have no way of knowing what would happen to this cursed lot in any given issue. Strangulation? Rape? Treachery? The whole damned lot of them could up and die in any battle they rush into. It would be DC's answer to The Walking Dead ! The Ultraverse did something similar in the early '90s with Exiles, but wiped them out after only four issues without building reader expectations of a bad ending. Triumph even looks like Hardcase, one of that line's premier heroes (which might help explain why they went out of business.)

5 comments:

mathematicscore said...

Looks like he was the time removed father of this guy:

http://www.comicvine.com/prince/29-77379/

Diabolu Frank said...

Thanks for the heads up M.C. I read up on your earlier link, but forgot to comment on it then. I caught a truly nasty bug, and have been sleeping when not puking or sharting the last couple of days. It was a blessing that I set up these Triumph posts earlier in the week!

Diabolu Frank said...

...and appropriately enough, a hotlink for the Prince/Regent profile has been integrated into the original post, all from my own porcelain throne.

PyroTwilight said...

Huh, didn't think anyone would see my piece and post regarding it.

Interestingly I made the idea that was almost a reverse of yours in regards to an alternate team. I wouldn't make them more able to be hurt because they're less known, I think that's such a probe with more obscure characters already. I chose tat trio (Regal, Triumph and Moon Maiden) because in ways they would be a fun ay to make an alternate Trinity as well as make a world were less famous characters could work outside of the shadow of Superman Batman and Wonderwoman.

Diabolu Frank said...

One idea doesn't necessarily invalidate the other. These characters are extremely powerful and can shine on their own while still being much more vulnerable to nasty twists than the DC Trinity.