Sunday, April 28, 2013

2008 Zook color art by Jeff Martinez

Click To Enlarge


“I've been working on this idea for some time and now I like to present my "Krypto TAS" version of Zook.

For those who don't know him, Zook is a other-dimensional being who was with J'onn J'onzz/Marian Manhunter as his pet/sidekick in the 60s...

I tried to keep most of his appearance(and personality) intact, while making him suit the show's look...

In the silver age comics, Zook was always naked, but I wanted to give him a costume. Or at least something involving pants.

Here's variation 1...

Variation 2. Same costume but without the red harness thingamajig.

Variation 3. Trunks and harness, without cape.”

2 comments:

mathematicscore said...

I like the idea of zook in a full costume when hanging out with a "Legion of Super-familiars." Representin'.

LissBirds said...

I like this redesign, especially how he drew Zook's face. Zook in J'onn's costume lends a certain sweetness to the character, too.

It's funny how many people want to put Zook in pants....