Saturday, February 1, 2014

The Belated Golden Jubilee of an Otherdimensional Pet



I've never been good at anniversaries. This blog started in 2007, two years after J'onn J'onzz's fiftieth birthday. I missed Despero's by only a few days, but failed to acknowledge that landmark for Diane Meade, B'rett, and Professor Arnold Hugo at all. Mongul hit 30 in 2010, but I'd already covered his increasingly thin connection to the Manhunter to death in 2009. Ma'alefa'ak turned 10 and 15 on my watch, but I guess last year's Malefic March Madness and the overall villain theme of 2013 were all that could be mustered for the evil twin. I did try to treat 2012 as a Happy Zook Year, but his hitting the half century mark on November 29, 1962 was forgotten in favor of a feature on Triumph. So, my apologies to the Martian Manhunter's adorable sidekick, and my hopes that this January theme month helped make up for all that neglect. At least I didn't move to the Mediterranean without leaving a forwarding address.

Zook Gallery



Tracking Antennae Zook Stories Bad Men Me No Like! Fake Stuff

No comments: