Saturday, April 5, 2014

2013 “JLA and the Avengers in 3D Anaglyph” by George Pérez & Jérôme Bonnaud

Click To Enlarge


I couldn't find my analog 3D glasses to see how well the effect works here, but as I look at the image, I'm struck by bittersweet pangs of nostalgia. I'm pretty sure those longing for a return of Golden Mullet Aquaman are in the minority, but the Magnificent Seven JLA with retcons on the backburner and "widescreen" sci-fi/fantasy action at the fore in fantastic stories? Only one Avengers team with a largely classic line-up crafted by the cream of veteran creators? For the most part, we knew how good we had it in the late '90s/early '00s with this talent on these characters, which is why it's such a bummer to come crashing back to the reality of Forever Evil and Original Sin. It's like scoping out the Facebook page of an ex and seeing how they've let their self go. It doesn't make your present any better, and it taints your fond memories of the past to see the lengths to which your former loved ones have sank.

On that cheery note, I only just realized that I somehow managed to have never posted the promo art that served as the basis for this modification, which you can see here, as well as the vital original uncolored line art.

No comments: