Thursday, November 6, 2014

Martian Manhunter Blogging eaten away by The Marvel Super Heroes Podcast



I've been a terrible, terrible Martian Manhunter blogger this year. As much as I want to celebrate the sixtieth anniversary of J'Onn J'Onzz in 2015, my enthusiasm for blogging has been very much on the wane, and I doubt I'll get my stuff together for a proper December of Despero this calender year. I've also been working really hard on the Marvel Super Heroes podcast with my friends Illegal Machine and Mister Fixit, which has garnered a steadier and more vocal audience than I've been able to muster here in too long of a time. Enthusiasm helps, and it's a two-way street, so if I wasn't posting stuff folks responded to it got harder to motivate the work it takes to keep posting anything of quality on a daily basis. Anyway, I suck, and sorry to the Alien Atlas audience I'm failing.



On the other hand, I killed myself pulling together the latest feature length (nearly 90 minutes) episode of The Marvel Super Heroes Podcast, "Reintroducing Patsy Walker: 70 Years of Marvel’s #1 Hellcat Heroine." It's garnered some very positive notices that makes that effort feel worthwhile, and since I've officially stooped to outright reruns to fill the days this blog failed to offer anything of late, I figured I might as well throw in a plug for a project I'm still passionate enough about to get done. Below are images advertising recent episodes from newest to oldest, and I hope you'll give them a try...

Episode 018-- Reintroducing Patsy Walker: 70 Years of Marvel’s #1 Hellcat Heroine


Episode 017-- To Hell with Mockingbird


Episode 016-- NYCC 2014 FYI


Episode 015-- Tigra, the Were-Woman! (1974)


Episode 014-- Annihilation: Nova (2006)


Episode 013-- The Origin of the Incredible Hulk


Episode 012-- Beware! The Claws of… The Cat! (1972)


Episode 011-- Annihilation: Super-Skrull (2006)


Episode 010-- Iron Man #247 & Incredible Hulk #361 (1989)


Episode 009-- Iron Man Is Born!


Episode 008-- Annihilation: Silver Surfer (2006)


Episode 007-- Annihilation Prologue (2006)


1 comment:

will_in_chicago said...

Frank, I understand fully why you are so swamped. So, apology accepted.

The images are great and I will try to listen to some of the podcasts soon. They also bring to mind a question on how well J'Onn would fit into the Marvel Universe if he somehow ended up there. (Okay, I know that Captain Atom ended up in the Wildstorm universe. I just wonder if someone else would do a better job handling J'Onn and how he would interact with a group of heroes who knew nothing about him or his world -- and how he would react to their world.)